Dr. Daryl Green is an international researcher and author. In a recent seminar to educator and administrators in Oklahoma, he outlines how individuals can better connect with Generation Z, those who were born in 1995 and after. This generation is considered to be the most differs, global, entrepreneurial, and technological generation that ever exists in the world. Now in the United States, this generation places 26% of the total population. To know better about the Generation Z, the following statistics might help:
• 30% of them think that do not get applicable business skills needed for real life when they were students in college.
• 66% have an opinion that the technology exists now makes it possible for them to do anything.
• 72% of of this generation have a dream to build their own business.
• 76% argue that reaching their goals is now possible due to their online experiences.
• 79% show emotional distress whenever they can’ access their personal electronic devices.
Dr. Green has identified 5 main characteristics of Generation Z, they are technology dependent, culturally diverse and inclusive, independent thinkers, entrepreneurs, and socially conscious. The secret formula to dig out all of the potentials inside Z Generation consists of some important keys, include:
• Communicate in ways to get frequent feedback.
• Connect to them digitally.
• Give them chances to make innovation at the working place.
• Give instructions in smaller segments only.
• Give them practical and relevant experiences in their learning in the classroom.
“Organizations need to foster good human capital behaviors. Every generation is different. We also bring our own generational biases into the workplace. However, Generation Z employees are a great asset to organizations with their fresh ideas and technology intuitiveness. We need to do a better job of handling them in the workplace than we did for Generation Y. If we are successful as leaders in doing this, there will be a huge return on investments,” Dr. Green said.
About Dr. Daryl D. Green
Dr. Daryl D. Green provides consulting, guidance, and management training for today’s business leaders. Dr. Green is also an award-winning author and professional speaker. Currently, he is the Dickinson Chair at Oklahoma Baptist University. In 2016, he retired from the Department of Energy as a senior engineer and program manager. Dr. Green has over 25 years of management experience and has been noted and quoted by USA Today, Ebony Magazine, and Associated Press. For more information, please visit www.drdarylgreen.com.
Dr. Daryl Green